Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #240599

, , , | Unfiltered | July 28, 2021

My sister-in-law’s Birthday was coming up, and she had asked my brother for a specific piece of luggage, since her new job required quite a bit of travel. The piece was only sold in a particular store, and they didn’t do online sales/telephone sales. Since I was in the area the store was located for a casual lunch, my brother asked if I’d be willing to buy it and he’d pay me back when he saw me. I said no problem.

Since it was a casual lunch, I was wearing a simple t-shirt, jeans and sandals. After lunch, I went to the store. It was a very high end, posh store. I approached the counter, that had a young gentlemen standing there, with no one else around, with the name and picture of the piece of luggage on my phone.

Me: “Excuse me. I’m looking for a a specific gift for my sister-in-law.”

Not sure if it was because of how casually I was dressed, or because my statement seemed unsure, but he answered in a very pretentious tone of voice:

Him: “You know our bags are several hundred dollars, right?”

Me: “Yes, I can see the price on the site.”

He sighs and just walks off without saying anything else. I stood there trying to process what just happened. After a few minutes, a younger woman approached me.

Her: “Are you being helped?”

Me: “I don’t think so? I’m looking for a specific bag for my sister in law.”

She was very helpful and immediately sent someone to the back to get the bag while she rung up the purchase. I mentioned to her what happened and she was appalled. She kept apologizing and said she’d speak to him.

I understand I didn’t look like their normal clientele (everyone else there was in business casual attire or a suit), but there was no need for him to be so rude. When I relayed the story to my brother, he was shocked and annoyed. I jokingly told him I’m never going shopping for him again.

She loved her new bag though, and was absolutely thrilled he got it for her.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!