Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #240447

, , | Unfiltered | July 26, 2021

(I work at a popular American fast food chain. I have worked at two separate locations so I’ve seen a fair portion of rude customers. It should also be known that I’m an effeminate male and I don’t tend to suppress it, as that’s how I feel comfortable. I don’t wear makeup to work, but my mannerisms are effeminate.)

Me: Hi! Welcome to [restaurant name]! How may I help you?

Customer: Uh, yes, ma’am (this happens daily), can I get [various menu items]?

Me: Sure thing! Your total is gonna come to $16.84. That’ll be at the first window, thank you!

(Customer drives around to the first window, where I’m working. Keep in mind, if you stop at the first window, you usually only see one person before you get your food.)

Customer: (chuckles) I sure hope that wasn’t you taking my order out there.

Me: (nervous laughter) Your total is $16.84.

Customer: (while handing me a $20) Seriously, you sound like a woman out there. Maybe man up a little.

Me: (giving him his change) Thank you, have a nice day!

(I happened to receive a similar comment the next day. I’m also called ma’am, or sweetie when people aren’t looking at me. One of the regulars also has tried to have me fired claiming that I wasn’t changing my gloves when I left the grill area during a grill shift.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!