Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #240443

, , | Unfiltered | July 26, 2021

I work a summer job at a KOA campground serving breakfast we have there. My job is to take orders, manage the buffet line, clean tables etc. I’m doing dishes in the back when I hear the door open. I take off my gloves to go help the customer. It’s this dude in his early 40s maybe, wearing a Cubs Jersey with an intense buzz cut. He silently grabs some drinks and comes to the register to order. “So drinks are separate from the buffet?” He asks. “Yes.” He grumbles and slaps some cash down. Later he comes back with cereal. “Do I have to purchase a milk carton seperatley for this?” “Yes.” “That’s ridiculous. I’ve never seen that at a buffet in my life. Dont you think that’s stupid?” He keeps getting angrier and I try not to engage or make eye contact, I just silently take his cash and put it in the till. At this point the cook chimes in from the back “It says that drinks and cereal are separate from the buffet on the menu sir.” “That’s ridiculous. This slut still wont look at me or give me her opinion on this sh*t.” Then he takes his cereal and leaves. At this point I’m a little shocked and hurt as this is my first job and I’ve never been called names by a customer before. I go to the back and try not to cry. The cook consoles me a little. I laugh now that a grown man called a teen girl a slut over cereal, but it was scary at the time.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!