Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #240411

, , , | Unfiltered | July 25, 2021

I work at a department store known for their red star. It is two hours until my shift is up and we’ve been swamped. It is no tax weekend. I notice a huge group of people making a mess out of the clearance/last act area and ignore it for the most part. Until they make it to my counter. The woman is one of the rudest, most angry looking people I ever saw. I am just gonna call her angry lady.

Angry Lady: I expect you to coupon all of these.

Me:-having seen where they were shopping- Oh I am sorry, ma’am, these are all last act, and our coupons are not going to work on them as they have already been greatly reduced.

Angry Lady:-screeching- I have over two hundred dollars worth of shit here, discount it!

Me:-ringing it up, and removing security sensors- I am sorry, there is nothing I can do.

Angry Lady:-turns to a thin woman who I assume is her sister- I can’t believe this, I am buying so much and they can’t discount me. -pauses to yell at her swarm behind her- Don’t clean anything up, this bitch isn’t being helpful. -back to me- Well what do you know about clothes? You don’t have taste, alright ring me up and -snatching a hanger hard enough for it to whip my arm- leave me my fucking hangers. Gonna hang everything up and make sure you don’t steal from me.

I am completely shocked that she thinks I would steal cheap men’s clothing and go on with the sale. Once she is done, she counts everything before I could put them in hanging bags to again make sure I didn’t steal or some shit. We move on to the shoe return/exchange. The shoes she are exchanging for are a buck twenty nine more expensive. So I inform her. Again this leaves to screaming and screeching. I should point out that the thinner woman is now in Jewelry, screaming profanity and treats at the lady there because she wanted to return a discounted ring at full price. By the time I am done with the exchange, and I explain that the coupons would not work on nike shoes, the lady jerks the bag from me hard enough that I fall across the counter. I wimpier in pain and my older co worker has had enough.

Co Worker: EXCUSE ME!

Angry Lady: She’s just fat, not pregnant.

Co Worker: I do not care if she is fat, skinny, pregnant or not, don’t you EVER treat a person in my department like that!

The lady and my co worker have a verbal sparring match while I walk over to deal with the mess they left. It takes me three trips to get everything they left behind in the dressing room. Angry Lady watches me the whole time and has one more bullet to fire at me.

Angry Lady: If anything is damaged, it was like that already, fuck you you fucking bitch.

This is the first time in ten years of retail experience that I have honestly nearly broke into tears.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!