Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #239818

, , , | Unfiltered | July 19, 2021

We are currently experiencing the best Summer weather I have ever seen in England. Being England, we are grossly unprepared for any extreme weather conditions and as such this weather is causing issues with water shortages and hosepipe bans.
I receive an email from my water supplier stating that they believe I have a water leak on my property as the smart meter is showing we are using 34 Litres an hour. Worrying that this will incur a large bill I call them instantly to see if I can arrange someone to come out and take a look.

After going through security questions…

Call centre employee: *takes reference number provided by company about the leak* “How can I help you today?”

Me: “You have just notified me that you think there is a leak on my property and I would like to get someone round as soon as possible to take a look.”

Call centre employee: “Oh… okay… let me have a look and see when the next available day is…. okay sir the next available day is (DATE IN 2 WEEKS TIME), is that okay with you?”

I argued a little that they think I have a leak on my property and we are in the middle of a heatwave with water supply issues around the country and they didn’t seem to care. I also checked to see if I would be charged for the excess water, which they had said no I will not be. Obviously 71 pints of water an hour doesn’t seem to matter that much!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!