Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #239433

, , , | Unfiltered | July 14, 2021

(After years of chronic pain and other problems, I’ve finally had spinal surgery to remove a very large herniated disc from my lower back. In order to do the procedure, my surgeon also had to remove a few pieces of bone from the vertebra covering that disc. However, he never mentioned to me that the surgery would result in any need to curtail my regular daily activities – which, as I am only 25, include regular exercise.

I’ve come to see him for a check-up a few months later, where he’s asking the expected questions about any problems I’ve noticed post-surgery.)

Me: “Dr. [Surgeon], I’m worried because my lower back – at the surgery site – keeps making very noticeable clicking sounds and I can feel the bones popping back and forth whenever I do push-ups.”

Surgeon: *dismissively* “Well, then just quit doing that.”

Me: “…”

(For a second I thought he might be joking. He was not. He didn’t address this any further and just moved on as if I hadn’t said anything.

I genuinely didn’t expect miracles or perfect function after the surgery, but I did expect for my surgeon to at least care enough to examine my spine in the office and/or to let me know whether this symptom was normal. I was also left to wonder if he was so dismissive of me trying to do a muscle-building exercise because I’m female.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!