Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #237792

, , | Unfiltered | June 30, 2021

I work in a convenience store that serves burgers and pizzas in addition to a bunch of other stuff. Usually there are two people working, but between 2 and 4 pm the cashier (me) is alone because we usually don’t get many orders during that time, so there’s a gap between the kitchen shifts.

The other day, a lady called to order a burger; simple enough, except she took it upon herself to tell me that she’d be there in a few minutes before I’d even gotten the name for her order. I managed to get her name and told her it would be about 20-25 minutes, which is quite a bit of time, but as I’m the only one there, I like to give myself a buffer in case I have to help other customers. She scoffed at the time, but generally acknowledged that she’d heard it, so I hung up and got to work.
I managed to get the burger mostly done before I had to help a small group of customers, and while checking them out, an older woman came in and look around at the kitchen expectantly. I knew it had to be the lady who called, even though it had hadn’t even been 10 minutes. I got the group out and she looks at me, vaguely irritated.
Her:.”So are you the only one cooking today?”
Me *having just put away a credit card receipt*: “Yes ma’am!”
Her *impatiently*: “Is my burger ready yet?”
Me, barely holding back irritation: *Not yet.”
Her:” Well, you better hop to it, then!”
Luckily for the both of us the phone rang for another order as she said that, otherwise I might’ve had a few choice words for her. I did get a bit of revenge by sprinkling pickle juice on her burger though. Hey, she said no pickles, not no pickle juice!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!