Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #235527

, | Unfiltered | June 3, 2021

(We let members who have been with us at least a year to bring in guests on the weekend for free. I have just checked in a regular who has brought her boyfriend for the first time. I head into the locker room to prepare for a client, but come running out when I hear someone shouting on the floor. The regular’s boyfriend is yelling at one of my female co-workers, who happens to be good friends with the regular.)

Boyfriend: YOU STAY AWAY FROM [Regular]! YOU THINK I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING?! YOU THINK I DON’T KNOW YOU’RE SOME KIND OF LEZZY B**** TRYING TO GET MY GIRL?!

Regular: Jesus Christ, [Boyfriend], what is the matter with you?! It’s not like that!

(The boyfriend continues to yell at my co-worker, who is about to cry. I shout at the receptionist to call a manager, then run over and insert myself between them.)

Me: Sir, I have to ask you to stop yelling.

Boyfriend: I’LL STOP WHEN THIS B**** STOPS BEING ALL FLIRTY WITH MY GIRL! SHE’S TAKEN, YOU [slur]!

Me: Sir, if you have a complaint about something [co-worker] said, we can take it up with a manager, but you have to stop yelling and stop using that language.

Boyfriend: I’LL USE WHATEVER LANGUAGE I DAMN WELL WANT, A******!

Regular: God, [boyfriend] shut up! (To me) [My name], I am so sorry, I had no idea he would do this.

(A manager finally arrives. When the boyfriend refuses to calm down and stop yelling, I am given permission to eject him from the gym, where mall security takes over and drags him away. His girlfriend follows after apologizing to all of us, especially my co-worker. The next day, I’m manning the front desk when the regular comes back.)

Regular: Hi [my name], is [co-worker] in? I don’t think I’ve apologized enough for my boyfriend.

Me: Hi. Sorry, it’s her day off today.

Regular: Okay, well, can you give this to her when she comes in? (She hands me a wrapped gift over the counter.)

Me: Okay, sure. I’ll give it to her when she comes in tomorrow.

Regular: Thank you so much. And again, I am so sorry for [boyfriend]. We had a long talk, and I think it’s not going to work out. I had no idea he was that jealous.

Me: Yeah, well, some people can get pretty crazy.

Regular: I know. I am so sorry. And you can tell [co-worker] that if she WAS flirting with me, I am completely prepared to sleep with her to make it up to her.

Me: ….sorry, what?

Regular: No, it’s totally cool. I went to college, I did stuff! If it’ll help, I’ll absolutely do her. Will you tell her that too?

Me: Um. Sure. I will pass that on.

Regular: Great! Thank you so much, [my name]!

(I passed on the gift and the offer as promised. My co-worker laughed it off and said she was touched, but would probably not take her up on it.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!