Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #234653

, , | Unfiltered | May 20, 2021

(I am a senior communications student at a local college specializing in website design and social media marketing. A lady on Craigslist is looking for someone to build them a website to list her dumb scented candle products, as well as promote their products on her Facebook page. I text her my background info and shes requests an email with my works. She clearly doesn’t understand that attached emails files take awhile to send, and gets frustrated that she is not getting the email from me once it is sent. She offers to call, and the following conversation takes place over text:)

Me: “I currently am unavailable to talk this second.”

Her- “Let me know when you can talk I have over 80 applicants..”

(sure, lady.)

“….but if you can’t talk I am happy to move on,”

“I am old school young lady.. you want a job you make yourself available!”

(I could already tell by her attitude she was not someone I wanted to work with)

Me- “Go with someone else then, I dont care to be lectured over something out of my control.”

(I plan to stop texting her at that point but she just kept bombarding me with messages:)’

“For some reason I want to talk with you, I do not ignore GUT feelings… but not sure you are serious about this job. I have relationships with over 100 consultants just like me that need help! What is it going to be?”

“So what is out of your control and I am not lecturing!”

“Love your spicy attitude… that would work well with me and my team. However watch yourself and explain what is out of control. I am extremely reasonable!”

(10 minutes passes)

Her- “So I will assume that you have a really good reason for not responding! I am just trying to offer you a lot of business!”

“I am sorry if I offended you but in business you need to appreciate any leads that you can get. I truly feel like we could hit it off BUT you need to act like an adult!!”

“If it is something out of your control, you need to let your potential employer know! Who knows, they might support you, like I do despite your disrespect!”

(At this point I am getting fed up with her:)

Me- “Ma’am, I shouldn’t have to disclose why I can’t talk this second. Your’re selling [scented cancel brand] products, I can hundreds of other people to work with selling the exact same product. I don’t care to work for someone that is already giving me a hard time just in the applying process. I wish you luck in your search.”

Her- “Good luck with that! I did not give you a hard time I gave you an opportunity, MISS ENTITLED!”

“I wish you luck in representing other reps, spreading the word that I TRIED to give a college student a chance and I mean that. I wanted to truly, but you are not meant for the direct sales world.”

(Yeah whatever lady… Good luck with your pyramid scheme goods.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!