Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #234637

, | Unfiltered | May 19, 2021

Correct number, incorrect service

(I was once working in a grocery store that had a delivery service, where customer could order items via internet and have them sent to their house. It was also possible to order by email or phone. Customers had a lot of variety, ranging from housemaids who had no time to get to the market to grannies unable to move effectively.)

(On one busy Monday, phone rings. Before I even pick up the phone, I recognize the number shown on its screen, belonging to regular delivery customer. I expect this to be a normal phone ordering. However:)

Me: This is [Store], [My name] speaking.

Customer: [Name] here, hello!

Me: Hi! How may I help?

Customer: I want to go to the bank, and i need someone to take me there.

Me: [Surprised] Ummm…

Customer: So, can you please take me there?

Me: Uhhh, sorry but I can’t provide service such as this.

Customer: [Pause] Hold on, where did i just call?

Me: [Store]

(Long silence)

Customer: *click*

Me: What… was that all about?

(It took me a while to realize that she had just called wrong number. I have seen worse and received even death threats from mentally ill people, but this is something i still remember.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!