Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #234611

, , | Unfiltered | May 18, 2021

I work at I call center for a catalouge company. People place an order and make 3 monthly payments on it, for 1/3 of the order each time.

Me: “Thank you for calling the [company] billing department, my name is [my name], how can I help you?”
Buyer: “I’m a little confused about my balance”
*I pull up and verify the account. She had placed an order for $52.98. She nade her first payment late and was given a $15 late fee, made a $17.66 payment, was given another $15 late fee, then made a $30 payment. This leaves the balance at $35.32*
This customer insisted that her balance should be $17.66, because that last $30 payment covered the second late fee. She was not disputing the late fee or saying it should be waived, she was disputing on the grounds that she had already paid it and we were somehow charging her for a 3rd late fee. 35 minutes of arguing, walking her through the math with a calculator, offering to waive a late fee (which would leave the balance at $20.32), and even offering to get a supervisor to explain it did not appease her.
She eventually hung up on me, saying she was only paying the $17.66 she “owes” and that we’re just going to have to turn the account over.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!