Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #234491

, | Unfiltered | June 1, 2021

I’m working retail during Covid, our city has just started re-opening a bit. A customer walks through the door, looking distracted but happy. I’m in the front vestibule keeping track of store capacity and cleaning carts/baskets as they come back.

Me: Hello! Just so you know, we have clean carts here, clean baskets here, and hand sanitizer here. Let me know if you have any questions!

She giggles and takes a cart, heading into the store.

Later, I see her coming back. She moves to put her cart back with the cleaned carts, but there’s a designated spot to put the used carts so I have a chance to clean them.

Me: *nervous* Sorry, excuse me, could you please put your cart over here so I can clean it?

Customer: *smiles and mumbles*

Me: Pardon?

Customer: *giggles* Do you like fluffy pillows?

Me: *pauses, the tension of the cart situation evaporating* I do like fluffy pillows!

The customer smiles, gives me her cart, and leaves. I’m glad I managed to stop her from contaminating the other carts, but it was also nice to have something nice to think about for a second.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!