Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #234213

, , | Unfiltered | May 16, 2021

I am at home, trying to get customer support for my phone that should have a service plan but has not been able to make any calls.*Over internet since my phone does not have service*
(Employee’s name): So I do not have the authorization to get into your phone and correct it, you have to call 1-800-***-**** to receive help.
Me: Um, then why did you ask for all of my information? Also, I can’t call because I don’t have service on my phone, which I bought, which is what I’m contacting you for.
(Employee’s name): I needed to see into your account to verify your purchase. Please call 1-800-***-**** for help with your service plan.
Me: Fine, I’ll use my mom’s phone.
*(Employee’s name) has disconnected*

*on the phone*
Me: Hi, yes, I was referred to this number by (employee’s name) online, I purchased a new phone and a data plan but my phone still does not have service, as if it didn’t go through.
(Employee #2): Oh okay, I will need to look into your account, Name please?
Me: T***** M*****
(#2): And date of birth?
Me: **/**/****
(#2): And social security number?
Me: *confused as why she needs this* um, ma’am? I do not feel comfortable giving my social security number over the phone, no one has ever asked for it to verify my account.
(#2): It is so we know it is you.
My mother, who has been listening in to the whole conversation: *takes the phone from me, this is what I heard* Hello, I am T***** M*****’s mother, I will be answering any questions from now on and I do not see why she has to supply her social security number, I’ve been a customer of (Company’s name) for almost a decade now and I’ve never been asked for mine… Yes… No, she did not sign up for that. No, she did not agree to that either. No, she is- No, she-… NO!!! SHE DOES NOT WANT TO SIGN UP OR BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU, SHE ALREADY BOUGHT A PHONE AND A SERVICE PLAN BUT YOU CAN’T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT HER SERVICE IS NOT ON HER PHONE AND THAT IS ALL SHE WANTS. SHE WANTS TO RECEIVE WHAT SHE ALREADY BOUGHT. I am going to hand the phone back over to my daughter and I will be listening in on the conversation. Good day.
Me: Hello?
(#2): Hello ma’am, I am so sorry for the mix-up.
Me: Oh it’s no problem, I’m sorry for my mother’s behavior.
(#2): It seems that there was a glitch in the system and our entire system was shut down in the time frame that your service was supposed to be added to your phone, I’m terribly sorry, I will have it fixed immediately, please wait 24 hours before attempting to turn it on or sign into your (company’s name) account. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: No ma’am, have a very wonderful day, again, so sorry.
*click*

It took me 6 more online conversations and 3 more phone calls to get everything I bought and even then, the phone’s camera and screen broke after 3 months.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!