Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #234166

, , | Unfiltered | May 13, 2021

(I have just gone to the hospital with suspicions of having gallstones. Pain started 4.5 days before this and I have not been able to eat at all in that time. This starts after being admitted.)

Nurse 1: How long have you been in pain like this?
Me: Monday. But it’s gotten worse. It got to where I was struggling to breathe last night. I just want to be able to eat and drink like a normal person, without pain.
Nurse 1: Well, if it is your gallbladder, we’ll need to take it out. That should stop. *starts the first of many tests*

Nurse 2: *taking me back after yet another test* You certainly have gallstones stuffed into your gallbladder, but we couldn’t get anything to show up on test 2 or 3. We’ll send you in for a scope on Monday.
Me: But it’s FRIDAY.
Nurse 2: Oh, no one is here over the weekend.
Me: Can I at least get something to eat then?
Nurse 2: You can have some broth but that’s it.

*after the nurses refusing let me have any solid food, I call in the cavalry…my mother.*

Nurse 3: You’ll be able to eat after the surgery.
Mom: You mean, the surgery she won’t be having until MONDAY, at the EARLIEST?
Nurse 3: We might still be able to fit her in if it becomes an emergency.
Me: I came here because it is an emergency!
Nurse 3: We don’t have surgeons here unless someone is actively dying.
Mom: Then let her EAT or I’ll ensure there is an active emergency. Namely a lawsuit for medical neglect and patient abuse.
Nurse 3: *looking to me* …what do you want to eat?


Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!