Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #233796

, , | Unfiltered | May 7, 2021

When taking in lottery winners, we often would pay out the ticket for small winners ($1-$2 winners) before scanning it if we were busy. Then we would scan it once we had a break. One day I had a fairly new cashier working and she scanned the tickets when the customer was still at the counter. They came back “already redeemed”. The person had been a customer for a long time, but currently was working at another convenience store 2 miles down the road. We told him the problem and he gave a lame excuse and left. Pretty soon, the lottery commission called and asked for information on the customer. The ticket had been scanned at the convenience store that the customer worked, so he was running a scam. I don’t think he ever came in our store again. I’m sure he was fired and probably prosecuted. I congratulated the cashier for being on top of things and doing a good job. It’s ironic that some time in the future, that I had to fire that cashier for stealing lottery tickets.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!