Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #233794

, | Unfiltered | May 7, 2021

My manager and I had been working together for at least an hour with no customers so when I see a customer going through some tables of stock while carrying one of our plastic bags I get a little suspicious.

Me *whispering “(Manager) have you served anyone recently?”

Manager “No, why?”

Me “It’s just that lady has one of our bags, I know I haven’t served her and I’m sure you haven’t served anybody.”

Manager “I will go and talk to her”

I can hear most of the conversation

Manager “Hello, do you have something you need to return?”

Customer “No, why do you ask?”

Manager “It’s just that you are carrying one of our bags, I thought you might have something to return and I was going to ask if you could leave it at the front counter while you shopped”

Customer “No it’s nothing, the bag’s empty”

Manager “Empty?” *the base of the bag was opened out so it looked like there was something in it, our bags are usually flat “Do you mind if I look?” *customer shows her the inside “Ok but I can’t let you carry this bag with you, I’ll leave it at the front counter for you”

Customer “But I need that to carry things in”

Manager “It’s ok, I’ll get you one of our shopping baskets, that’s what they are there for” *she takes the bag to the counter and brings back a basket. “If you want to reuse the bag I’ll use it to bag up your purchases”.

The manager stays at the counter until after she serves the customer and waits until she’s out the door.

Manager “(My Name) good catch. That bag was empty except for one thing, a receipt for one of our sheet sets” *The table the woman was at was for those sheets.

Me “Really?”

Manager “Yes, it was obvious what she was up to, either to steal a set or to get us to refund a set. She must have felt guilty because I just got blasted by her for accusing her of stealing and that she’s going to report me to head office”.

Me “I heard the whole conversation, you didn’t accuse her of anything. You need to report this and I’ll back you up.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!