Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #233782

, | Unfiltered | May 6, 2021

I am the cashier in this story. I have no line, so I pick up the store’s iPad to check if there are any online orders that need fulfilling. While I am doing this, a woman approaches with a handful of items.

Me: Hi there! Did you find what you were looking for?
Lady: What were you doing just now?
Me: Oh, I was checking the online ordering system.
Lady: You were on Facebook.
(At this point, a man joins the queue behind her)
Me: Actually, only business-related websites are allowed on our server.
Lady: Lying is unprofessional, you know.
Me: (not going to engage in a stupid argument) Okay. Your total is (x). Will that be cash or card?
Lady: Card. (She inserts her chip) Now it’s saying press zero to continue. Why?

I’m confused, as I’ve never known any transaction to say press zero to continue. I walk around the register to see the PIN pad.

Me: Oh! It’s the green circle. See? “Press green o to continue.”
Lady: (presses green) It didn’t say green.
Me: (fed up) I just read it to you, directly from the screen.
Lady: You’re quite rude for a stupid cashier.
Me: (I hand her the receipt) Have a nice day, ma’am.

She continued to stand there while I went through the man’s transaction, telling me she’s going to call corporate and have my job, I’ll never work in HER town again, etc, etc.

Man: Lady, you’re being a real cunt.
(silence)
Man: And it DOES say GREEN circle. Just because your head is too far up your own ass to read properly doesn’t mean you’re right.

I hand the man his receipt and he continues to stand there.
Me: Uh…is there anything else I can do for you?
Man: No, you’re good. I’m just waiting for her to leave so that I know she’s not going to continue her tantrum.

They looked at each other for a moment before the woman screamed (think banshee) and ran from the store. I still have no clue why she chose to argue with me over something so trivial but I was very thankful for the man in line behind her.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!