Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #233777

, , | Unfiltered | May 6, 2021

I work at a district library and I work the two nights where we practically have no one in the evening hours. Just as the evening hours begin we have one program going on in our only community room and there are about 10 kids in there. Being kids of course and the door is open because the library’s heat doesn’t reach to the all of the outer rooms so the door is open. I spot a tutor and a kid not too far away from the open door and children talking loudly somewhat, but I pay them no mind cause if they want to move they can do so of their own accord. We also have no real rule on kids being talkative After the program is done the mother of the said tutored kid comes up to the desk to my coworker.

Mother, whose clearly livid with these kids : “I just wanted to bring it your attention that I would like the kids in this library to follow the library rules and use library voices. I am paying a lot for my kid to be tutored here.”

My coworker, who has been out of sorts today because external issues, but puts on the best customer service smile: “I am sorry you went through that experience. We will try to ask our librarians to close the door next time during a program.”

the mother storms off kind of livid and I’m some what confused as to why. a moment later one of our supervisors comes in and said that the mother told us that my coworkers was being rude, which confuses both of us considering that was all we could tell her since it quieted down after the program. We’re a small library, we hardly have any study spaces and/or a quiet space because we promote ourselves as a community center. In my head though, I don’t think it was that loud.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!