Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #233015

, | Unfiltered | April 29, 2021

Customer: I’d like to return this please, and no, I do not want an exchange. *turns her head and laughs to the line of customers*

Me: I’m afraid we don’t sell this. You may have bought it next door?

Customer: *blushes* No, no. I definitely bought it here.

Me: I’m sorry but we really don’t sell these. I can’t give you a refund.

Customer: No. Do you even know who I am? *shakes my head* I live in that house up there. *points out of the window*

Me: The large pink house?

Customer: Exactly, in [Expensive part of town].

Me: That really doesn’t affect whether I can refund this, and besides, that’s not your house. It’s my grandmother’s.

Customer: *laughs* You lying wart. I live there, not your white trash grandmother who’s probably pissing herself with dementia because you can’t afford a decent home for her. Do me a favour and call the manager, please?

I don’t bother to respond and call the only senior person in store at that moment, the owner. When he arrives, the customer goes on a tirade, insulting my grandmother and claiming again that she lives in the “pink house up the hill”. The owner has been silent throughout.

Owner: So, let me get this straight. You are trying to return something we don’t sell, and instead of admitting you’ve gone to the wrong store, you spun a tale of how you live at my mother’s house, in an attempt to get a refund out of my son?

Customer: *blushing again* Oh, umm. Maybe I’ll try next door…

She ran, sprinting to the door, while the remaining line of customers who stood witness imitated her laugh.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!