Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #232973

, , | Unfiltered | April 27, 2021

(I work at a property management firm. A condescending, low-life, idiot client calls. The client is very rude and extremely dim-witted. I am a male, yet he consistently calls me by a similar sounding female name.)

Me: [Company name] [My name] speaking.
Idiot client: Oh, hello [similar sounding female name]. I want to speak with [managers name].
Me: He’s just on another call at the moment, did you mind holding?
Idiot client: Yes, I’ll hold.

(I put him on hold and after a few minutes I take the idiot off hold.

Me: Hi, sorry [managers name] is still on another call, would you still like to hold or would you like me to get him to return your call?
Idiot: I don’t know. What do you recommend?
Me: Well, I’m not actually too sure how long he’s going to be? I could get him to call you if you don’t want to hold.
Idiot: No, I’ll hold.

(The idiot hangs up and calls back.)

Idiot: Where is [managers name]?
Me: Sorry, he’s still on another call. Did you want me to get him to call you?
Idiot: Listen [similar sounding female name], I am trying to get through to [managers name] and you have put me on hold for far too long. To be treated this way really makes me question using [company name]. Didn’t anyone ever teach you to pick up the phone?
Me: (lost for words at his incredible rudeness and stupidity)
Idiot: Well… that’s a shame. Get [managers name] to call me.
Me: Umm… okay sure.
(I get his contact details)
Me: I’ll get [managers name] to call you as soon as he’s off the phone.
Idiot: Good! And [similar sounding female name], I recommend that you take some sort of customer service training course! I think that would be beneficial to you! (He then pauses as if waiting for a response)
Me: … umm… yep.
Him: Yep! (Hangs up)
(I was left utterly shocked at how condescending, rude and unreasonable this man was. I have never dealt with a client like that before)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!