Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #231762

, , | Unfiltered | April 21, 2021

(I work as a cashier at a thrift store that, sadly, has had a serious problem in the past with people paying for things in fake bills. As a result, the owners made it mandatory that we use counterfeit markers on all bills over $10. Most customers are ok with this while a few have taken offense to it. But then there’s this guy.)

Man: (watches me mark his $20) “So what happens if the bill is fake?”

Me: “Well, I’ve never actually seen it in action, but my coworkers say that the ink turns black.”

Man: (suddenly laughing) “So if I tried to use fake money and the pen turns it black, I wouldn’t get my stuff?”

Me: “Well yeah but we’d also have to call the cops.”

(The man looks at me for a moment as he thinks about what I said. To my concern, moments later, he gets this weird devious look on his face.)

Man: (pretending offense) “Oh so just because of a black line on a piece of paper, you’d call the cops?”

Me: “Well, yes…”

Man: “This is outrageous! That’s discrimination.”

Me: “What?”

Man: “Blacks lines matter too, ya know!”

(I stand there and stare at him in shock while he’s grinning away at the joke he just made. I face palm.)

Man: (laughing) “Sorry, sorry. I couldn’t help myself. At least you got the joke. It’s amazing how many people don’t keep up with current politics.”

(I gave him his change and his stuff and he left in a good mood.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!