Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #231639

, , | Unfiltered | April 15, 2021

I work at an office supply store. It’s been a rather ordinary, slow day, when suddenly the phone rings for my department.

Me: <Store> at <Location>, how can I help you?

Customer: -sounding like she’s struggling to contain her temper- Yeah, so, I bought some of those W-2 tax forms you guys sell, and I’ve been trying to use them all day. It says on the back of the packet there’s supposed to be a code and a URL for me to redeem it at but there’s nothing! I’ve been on hold with the company that makes them ALL DAY trying to figure out what I’m supposed to do, and they won’t answer, so I figured I would just call YOU guys and have YOU fix it.

(I let her know I’ll do what I can and inform my manager of the situation. He agrees to open up another packet of tax forms and give her the code and URL from that one. We find that the sheet containing this information is a very noticeable bright pink color, different from every other paper, so before I give her the code I decide to tell the customer this…-

Me: Hi, thanks for holding. Now, just to make sure; there should have been a bright pink sheet among the W-2 forms you purchased. Was that sheet missing?

Customer: -grumbling- I didn’t SEE one, but that doesn’t mean anything, so I guess I’ll check…

(There’s about 30 seconds of silence.)

Customer: -slowly, sounding very embarrassed- Uh… Yeah, I found it… It was in the middle of the stack. Um… Thanks.

(She hangs up and I tell my boss, trying not to laugh.)

Boss: -somewhere between amused and irritated- Well, guess we have to clearance out that open packet for no reason, then.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!