Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #231633

, | Unfiltered | April 15, 2021

(A middle aged man enters the store and approaches me.)

Man: “Is your boss in?”

Me: “Yes, they are both here, but in a meeting right now. What’s the matter, maybe I can help you just the same?”

Man: “No, no, I’ll need your boss!”

Me: “Well, they’re in a meeting, this will probably take another half hour. Afterwards I can have one of them help you for sure. But maybe I can resolve this, too?”

Man: “I’ll wait!”

(After 30 minutes he’s still there, and I decide to help him by telling my bosses about him. I head to the office and knock.)

Me: “I’m sorry to interrupt, but there’s a customer who wants to talk to my boss. He didn’t want to tell me why though.”

(My bosses look at each other and sigh.)

Boss 2: “I’ll do it…”

(She heads out and talks to the customer for a few seconds, goes to a register afterwards, talks to the customer a little more and the customer leaves.)

Me: “So, what was so important that it absolutely needed my boss for it?”

Boss 2 *bursts out laughing*: “He wanted to have [absolutely basic task anyone can do] done.”

(I stood there dumbfounded as to why he wanted to wait 30 minutes for my boss when I could have helped him within five minutes if he just had told me. My guess is he was just a little sexist, because in German we have male and female versions for most words and he kept using the male one anyway, even after I pointedly used the female version, telling him both my bosses were female… But I’ll never know.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!