Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #231104

, | Unfiltered | April 11, 2021

(I’ve called my Doctors surgery after a week of increasing chest issues, I’m tired, a little grumpy and getting very worried because my Mom is getting increasingly convinced I have pneumonia.)

Receptionist: Good afternoon, you’re through to [surgery], [name] speaking.

Me: Hi there, I’m hoping it’s possible to book at appointment please? I’d prefer it to be this week either first thing in the morning or last thing in the evening due to me attending [university 2 hours away], if that’s okay.

Receptionist: Well, looks like I have one this Thursday at 9:10, would you like that one?

Me: Yes please, that would be ideal, thank you. *I have to try at this point not to cough violently into the phone speaker but fail very miserably. I quickly lose all my breath and am wheezing slightly from it.*

Receptionist: Okay, I’ve booked you in on Thursday [date 3 weeks away] at 9:10 to see [Doctor]. Thanks for calling.

Me: *trying to get my breath back* Wait, no, you said this Thursday. I’m sorry, but I need to see a doctor this week.

Receptionist: *snottily* Well, sorry, that’s the earliest one we have apart from tomorrow at 11:20.

Me: *a little irritated at her attitude but no breath left to argue.* Fine, I’ll take that one instead please.

Receptionist: *Still rude* Oh, I’m sooo sorry, it seems the computer was showing the wrong availabilities. That one is taken.

Me: *getting a little ill-tempered now and struggling with another coughing fit* Alright, is the walk in service still available in the morning?

Receptionist: Yes, but it’s not available to you, you’ve made an appointment and that’s for urgent matters only.

Me: I made an appointment believing it would be this week! I asked it to be this week because my lungs are heavy and crackling while breathing, and it’s hurting a lot and becoming more and more difficult to do ANY breathing which should be obvious from all the coughing I’ve been doing, lady! Go ahead and cancel it now, I’ll save you more work! *hangs up*

(I ended up being able to make an emergency appointment at the doctors surgery near my university two days later, where the guy took one look at me and sent me to A&E to be treated for severe pneumonia and a 5cm collapsed left lung and 2cm collapsed right lung. Is it any wonder my surgery ended up being voted worst in a local survey?)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!