Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #231060

, , , | Unfiltered | April 9, 2021

(I work in accounts receivable collecting money from customers who have a credit line with us, generally 30 days later but some customers don’t pay for a lot longer than 30 days, this customer hasn’t paid in nearly 200 days. His order was originally for 20 [items] and before we shipped it to him he changed it to 10 [items]. This occurs after he has paid for five of the [items]. This all occurs over email.)

Me: I am emailing you the proof of deliveries for all 10 [items] as well as the invoice for all 10 and the copy of the check that only paid for 5 [items].

Customer: (via email) I paid for this order, and don’t forget that I changed my order from 20 [items] to 10! And I only received 10 [items].

Me: Yes sir, I am aware you changed the order from 20 to 10 but you only paid for 5! Please provide payment for the rest of the order.

Customer: I don’t understand what you mean, I am going to CC my boss so he can figure this out too.

Boss: We paid for this order. I am attaching our purchase order where you can clearly see we only ordered 5 [items].

Me: Please scroll down to where [Customer] wrote that he received 10 [items].

(Ten minutes after that email was sent.)

Boss: We are going to pay for the rest of this
order.

(The lesson, always make sure you get everything in writing! I can’t prove they were trying to scam my company but the fact that they kept trying to only pay for half of the order sure felt like it!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!