Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #231023

, | Unfiltered | April 7, 2021

I have gone to the opticians because I have a visual disturbance that is constantly there. My doctor advised that I go as they couldn’t find anything. Due to it not being a routine appointment, I am seen by someone I do not know.

Optician: You’re diabetic?

Me: Yes.

Optician: Do you go for retinopathy screening?

Me: Yes.

She reads my records for about a minute. She has yet to examine me.

Optician: I think you need to make an appointment again for screening. This looks like the early signs of eye disease.

Me: I went last month. There was nothing wrong.

Optician: It can happen very quickly!

Me: Inside a month?

Optician: YES!

I asked her to examine me, but she said it was a waste of time and asked me to leave. As I left I requested another appointment with my usual optician.

At the next appointment I was actually examined, and was told it was essentially a large floater that moved very little with my eye movements, so I was able to focus on it more easily. It would most likely move or disperse in the next year.

When I spoke about what the first optician suggested, I was told that it had been her last week there, and that she had been fobbing off her patients with any excuse she could.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!