Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #230367

, | Unfiltered | April 3, 2021

(I’m training a new employee. She’s been more interested in flirting with every guy that walks into the branch than learning. As a result, I have to watch everything she does, because she gets distracted easily.)

Me: Ok, [New Girl], I need to give these checklists to [Branch Manager]. There is a customer in the drive-thru. When the drive-thru tube comes in, say hello to the customer, but don’t do the transaction until I get back.

New Girl: No problem!

(It takes me about 90 seconds to give the checklists to the branch manager and return to my window. When I get back, [New Girl] is running the transaction that I just told her not to do.)

Me: Are you kidding me? What did I just finish saying?

New Girl: *typing away* Oh, this is easy. It’s just a deposit. You’re treating me like I’m 5, and I don’t like it. I can do transactions without supervision. I know what I’m doing. You’re just too uptight. You gotta relax! I’m perfectly capable of working on my own.

Me: Are you finished with your rant? The customer sent in a savings deposit slip with that cash.

New Girl: And?

Me: You put it in checking.

New Girl: How am I supposed to tell the difference?

Me: The deposit slip has “SAVINGS” printed in block letters at the top.

New Girl: Ugh, FINE. You fix it.

(She walks away. I fix the deposit and apologize to the customer, who is very understanding. I write up the incident and report it to my boss. She didn’t last long.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!