Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #230365

, , , | Unfiltered | April 3, 2021

(An older couple walks in, and starts hovering by the tractors. My coworker and I flip a coin to see who goes over to talk to them. I lose.)

Me: “Hello, how are you folks doing over here?”

Man: “Fine. I’m trying to upgrade from a lawn mower to a tractor, and want to know the difference between these two.”

(We have signs behind the tractors to help both parties in the conversation. Some people don’t understand this, naturally.)

Me: “Uh… Okay. Well, it looks like this one has a mire powerful engine and is going to last longer, and uh…”

Woman: “Hey, if we wanted to just read off the sign, we could have done that ourselves.”

Me: “Ma’am, these signs are to help both of us. I’m not required to know the specs of every item in the department by heart. I have a life too.”

Woman: “I never!… Where’s your manager?!”

Me: “Out for the day. Call corporate to file a complaint. You won’t get very far though.”

(They leave.)

(For the record, signs in stores aren’t just for the customers. They are there for the staff as well, to help you find what you need and also upsell. Why the coin? Only 2 out of 7 people in our department actually owned a tractor.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!