Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #229549

, , , | Unfiltered | March 26, 2021

My little cousin (who was 14 at the time, now 15) and I were helping my aunty with clearing tables at a family owned restaurant (Mind you, I was wearing my work uniform and a black jumper on top which would sometimes be mistaken for the restaurant’s uniform) as well as teaching her (little cousin) how to collect plates and cutlery by balancing 4-5 plates on each hand.

Male customer, probably no older than I am, comes in with his (I assume) girlfriend (He’s been waiting in line since we were understaffed and didn’t clear tables fast enough), comes in.

Customer: Oi you, *points and snaps fingers at me* get me a table right now’.

Me: Sorry, I don’t work here, but I’ll clear this table up real quick and get you seated shall we? (I ask my cousin to ask for a new tablecloth and 2 sets of cutlery/crockery)

Him: (snaps fingers at little cousin) Hurry up and give me a set of menus, I’m paying top dollar for good service.

Me: *Comes with 2 menus, drink menu and daily specials/chefs recommendation* Apologies for the wait, here are your menus, please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

My little cousin folded two napkins on top of two sets of crockery/cutlery and brought it to the table when the guy snatched it off her

Customer: What the fuck are you doing? its a napkin, who cares how it looks?
*drops and shatters the two plates*Look what you did! You’re so incompetent, you can’t even do a simple job right

Little cousin was visibly upset so I told her to don’t worry about it while I go and clean up the mess on the floor and apologise to the guests.

Me: I’m very sorry about that, I’ll grab a new set of plates for you two, won’t be long.

Customer: Why does [Restaurant name] hire such stupid workers? Waste of my time and money, hurry up and clean this up, come on, good boy, sweep it up.

Me: Sorry, but if you want to continue to be rude to workers and family members who help this store out, I would like you to vacate the premises and go to another restaurant on the same pier.

Him: Do you know who I am? Do you have any idea who my family is? I know the owner of this restaurant, I’ll call him up right now and deal with you

Me: Unfortunately I don’t, neither does my uncle as I’m sure he is unlikely to be acquainted with such a disrespectful person such as yourself. Would you like to talk to him personally? *gestures to my uncle and aunty delivering food to tables nearest to the entrance*

Him: You have no idea who you’re talking to, my dad is a chiropractor, my mum is a lawyer for {Criminal Law Firm} and I’ll get her to sue your family you fuckhead *waves a stack of $100 bills in my face* see this? That’s more than you pathetic dropkicks earn in a year and I can eat out at better restaurants every day instead of slaving away like you uneducated fucks. My mum’s mansion is twice the size of this restaurant and I don’t have to work a single day in my life so DON’T FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Me: Please leave before I call the police *smiles and gestures to the exit*

Him: FUCK YOU, I’M RICHER THAN YOU, DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

At this point, the onlookers were watching in silence

His (presumably) girlfriend: shakes her head in embarrassment I’m leaving

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!