Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #228862

, | Unfiltered | March 19, 2021

(In my store we’re allowed to do what’s called “pick ups.” Basically a customer can pay for an item and we hold said item in the back for up to 15 days. We are particularly busy one night and a woman comes up with a carpet slip that has the price and SKU number on it. There’s a certain process on the register for pick up orders. It prints off 2 reciepts, one for the customer and one to attach to the item. After I scan everything I hand her the carpet slip.)
Me: “Okay just bring in the receipt or give the person your name and we will grab the carpet.”
Customer: “Oh my son is coming to pick it up tonight. [Store Manager] already showed [Assistant Manager] which one it is.”
Me: “Okay, but we still need the receipt for the carpet.”
Customer: “but I need my receipt.”
Me: “ma’am you have one. It prints off 2, one for you and one for the item”
Customer: “but they already know which one it is.”
Me: “ma’am we do that in case there’s multiple carpets or items back there. We don’t want to give you the wrong item.”
Customer: “but they know which one it is!”
Me: “I realize that. But the computer automatically prints 2 receipts.”
Woman: “But I need my receipt!”
Me: *sighs* “ma’am I’m just following store policy. Since you’re not taking the item home at the time of the transaction, I need to do it a certain way that prints off two reciepts. One for you, and one to match the transaction numbers to.”

(Finally the woman just walks away, mumbling, with her reciept in-hand. Sure enough, when I go back to attach the second receipt, there are 2 carpets, exact same color, but different sizes. Had we not had that second receipt, we could’ve accidently given her the wrong size carpet. The kicker is that when I spoke to my assistant manager, he said that the customer is the mother of someone who used to work in the store so I think it’s safe to assume that if she talks to him, he’ll know about this process.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!