Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #226538

, | Unfiltered | February 24, 2021

There is a patron that comes to our pool only for the hot tub. He use to come early morning, which was a perfect time. Hardly anybody used it, so he got the hot tub to himself. Then he randomly switched schedules and started to try and use the hot tub Saturday mornings at 9am. Problem is that is when lessons start, and the whole pool is closed down for lessons, including the hot tub. This is how every conversation would go when he would come in.

Me: I’m very sorry sir, the pool is closed for lessons.
Customer: Oh, it’s okay, I’m only using the hot tub.
Me: The hot tub is also closed. Every available lifeguard is instructing right now and we have no one to supervisor you.
Customer: Okay, I’ll come back in 10 minutes.
Me: No, unfortunately lessons are going to go until 11am. The pool and the hot tub won’t be open until then.
Customer: Oh, so only kids from 9-11am.
Me: Yes.

Then one day, he actually showed up with a kid. We didn’t have notice that there was a new registrar, but our pool did rolling registration so this wasn’t unusual.

Me: Oh hello there, here for lessons?
Customer: Yes.
Me: Did you guys register yet with front desk?
Customer: Not yet.
Me: Okay, just make sure you do that soon. We can take him for today though, and you can pick him up at 9:45.

The customer nods and the little boy looks ecstatic, so I begin to lead him to pool and am getting him ready when I look up and see the customer getting into the hot tub.

Me: Sir, the hot tub is still closed!
Customer: Yes, I know. For kids and I brought a kid.
Me: No, its only for kids. We have no one to supervise you because all instructors are instructing. So-
Customer: So, I can’t use the hot tub?
Me: No, you-

That is when the customer storms out of the tub, grabs the kid by the hand, and leaves. All the while yelling about how he brought a kid, he should use the hot tub. To this day, I wonder if that kid was his son or if he borrowed a friends to try and get hot tub time.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!