Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #223778

, , , | Unfiltered | January 27, 2021

(I am a volunteer at a hospital. I am a 16 year old boy at the time and look about the age. I have no permit to drive, learner or otherwise, I haven’t even taken driver’s ed classes. I am wearing a shirt with the hospital’s name and logo on the left side, and “volunteer” is written under that, though in small letters. Today happens to be some sort of small festival or something, with lunch outside. To get there, I leave through the front door, where there might be someone for valet parking (I never really paid attention to when they are there and where they might be, given that I walk to the hospital). The valet drivers have a different shirt, not even close to the one im wearing. As I leave, a woman tries to hand me her keys)
Woman: can you park my car?
Me: uh, sorry, I’m just a volunteer
Woman: oh, I thought you were valet parking.
Me: no, ma’am, I can’t drive, I don’t even have a learners permit.
Woman: oh dear! Sorry!
(I’m just glad this didn’t turn into a “I don’t work here does not work here” story. Though technically I did “work” there, just not that job.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!