Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #223018

, , | Unfiltered | January 12, 2021

My friends and I had just come in from a night out, and a bunch of them head to the sub shop on campus. I headed back to my dorm first to drop off something, and decided to grab a can of pop to drink on my way to meet them. As we were heading back to our dorm with our sandwiches, I proceeded to discard my can into a big trolley that we had been told was for recycling while they were awaiting for bins to be delivered. Shortly afterwards, a girl comes up to me and I think she’s a friend of a friend at first.

RA: All right, so it was you who had the open can of alcohol. What’s your name?

I then notice the notepad in her hand and realize she is an RA about to write me up.

Me: No, I had a can of pop that I was drinking.

RA: I know what I saw, you had an open can of beer.

Me: Uh, no. I’m sorry, it was a can of Diet Coke. I can show it to you if you want?

RA: Yes, lets go back and see it.

Me: *thinking* seriously? *saying* Fine.

The whole walk back she was super smug and I think she thought I was too drunk to realize what I was drinking. Joke was on her, because, when we got up to the trolley, my can of Diet Coke was the only one there and I proudly pointed at it. I saw her face turn red but she was determined to write me up for something.

RA: Well, you shouldn’t discard your trash in there. That’s very rude and disrespectful, this isn’t meant for recycling.

Me: Oh, I’m sorry, I was told we were supposed to put any recycling in there until the shop received their new recycling bins from the university. Did they get their new bins?

RA: What are you talking about? They’ve always had recycling bins. They’re right….

That’s when she realized there weren’t any around, and talked to the staff at the shop to confirm the trolley was to be used for recycling. I offered to remove the can if it was a problem, but the death stare she gave me just told me to let it go.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!