Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #223008

, , , | Unfiltered | January 12, 2021

I used to work at a fast food restaurant while studying in university with the Position of customer service leader. This means I’m second in charge and am also in charge of all customer complaints.

One day after serving a man with a large family meal. Around 25 minutes after he started eating he came up to the counter.
Customer: You gave me wings, I didn’t ask for wings! My meal comes with a bucket of chicken not wings! (Proceeds to show me 2 original recipe wings and the bottom of the bucket with the rest of the bones from the other 10 pieces of eaten chicken)
Me: your meal does come with a bucket of chicken, our original recipe chicken has 5 types of pieces thigh, rib, breast, drumstick and wings.
Customer: but I didn’t ask for wings! (He is beicong really aggressive at this point)
Me: when you order original recipe chicken we have to give you a variety, that includes giving you wings.
Customer( screaming at this point) : do you like wings?
The eintire food court is staring at this point
Me: Yes I do, quite a lot.
Customer: well I don’t! Give me different pieces of chicken now!
Me: I’m sorry you’re upset but there is nothing I can do you got exactly what you asked for, and ate the entirety of the rest of the meal before complaining. We can’t accept the chicken back for health and safety reasons, and we can. It refund a $45 meal after you have eaten if for two wings.
At this point the customer starts to go nuts and starts screaming about service, chickens, swearing and yelling at other customers that are now laughing at him.
The customer then ( still screaming) asks: why do you even sell wings this company is a piece of shit!
At this point I an getting mad, he is screaming at me and customers over something completely ridiculous and his kids are crying at his table. so I decide to give medicine to go home with.
Me: Because chickens have wings and people enjoy eating those wings. That is your explaination. Can you please clam down.
( everyone in line waiting for food erupts in laughter)
The customer stares at me blankly for amount a minute and the asks to see my manger
I get my manger and explain the story about what is happening in front of the customer so that if I said something I rebutted to he could say something.
After telling the story the customer is eagerly waiting on my manger to respond in hopes to get me in trouble.
Manger to customer: so what is it exactly are you needing from me?
Customer: she was flat out rude telling me I couldn’t have a refund or different chicken then tells me that the reason you sell chicken wings is because chickens have wings.
Manger: sir you ordered a bucket of chicken, it comes with a mixed variety of chicken including wings. In relation to the anatomy of chickens, she is correct chickens have two wings. I can’t provide you with a refund or replace your chicken, especially when you have touched it multiple times. She has done nothing wrong. Please remove yourself from my counter and stop screaming (The manger give the customer a stern look and walks away)
Customer: No body likes f****** chicken wings.
Me: I’m sorry you feel that way about wings, most people enjoy them. In fact we have an seperate product called wicked wings that are our most popular item. ( Points to customers meal just placed on counter( 10 wicked wings)) I can’t do anything more for you.
( the customer theories bucket of chicken on floor)
Me: If you do not remove yourself away from my counter I will call security.

The customer lets out a large scream and walks away, everyone waiting in line starts to say things to me such as what an asshole he was and what an idot or his poor kids.

The next customer I served asked for his meal and then added: I can also confirm that chickens do Indeed have wings

That month I was awarded employee of the month and my certificate proceeded to stay int he employee of the month frame for 8 months running.
Every time a complaint would escalate my manger would ask ” another chickens hve wings incident?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!