Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #222220

, , | Unfiltered | January 10, 2021

I work in a call center for a national bank. Its in bound calls only — we don’t call out. So a customer calls in and I say- “thank you for calling my name is xxxx, and who do I have the pleasure of speaking to today?” The customer says –“yeah unlock my thing a ma bob ya know cell banking thing” “sure thing i can definitely help with your online or mobile banking– may i have your NAME please” –“so im all set now i can log in??” no sir– may i have your name please?
My debit card number is xxxxxxxxxxx.
no sir may i have your NAME PLEASE.
so im all set now i can log in? i really need to transfer some money.

I can certainly understand that — but to help you i need to be able to access your account — i need your name — account number and the exp date of your debit card…..
this is soo hard why are you being so uncooperative? just unlock my fing account already .
but to help you i need to be able to access your account — i need your name — account number and the exp date of your debit card…..
I Want your manager NOW!!!!!
Sure thing sir— but the first thing my manager will ask is your name account number and exp date….

oh so that’s all you need — why didn’t you say so in the first place instead of wasting my time………

I get the info and access the account— and this person doesnt have online banking set up at all….

so i ask — so sir i dont see that you personally have online banking set up— are you perhaps signing in under the joint account holders user id?

well shes my wife so just unlock it.

unfortunately sir as online banking is private for each person — i would have to speak to your wife to do so.

F– you and xxx bank i’m going to close my account. “click”

this is a conversation i have 10 plus times a day. yes you can have a joint bank account — but you cannot have joint online banking as its tied to an individuals social security number- because your wife/husband could — in theory — have bank accounts and credit cards and loans you are NOT a joint owner of — and if you can see their online banking account you would have access to accounts that aren’t yours.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!