Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #222100

, | Unfiltered | January 4, 2021

Back in November while I was working as a salesman for a local Shoe Store, we were having a black friday-ish sale, with signs everwhere saying we had up to 70% off in sales.

It’s worth noting that the signs were merely promoting the sale, the shoes themselves had their assigned discount shown above their pricetags (big red signs, hard to miss) and we had shoes that did not have the discount (normal pricetag, no discount sign)

This takes place while I’m taking a lady and her mother’s order:

Mother: Does this have the 70% discount? (pointing at a shoe with no discount sign)

Me: It does not, only the shoes with the red sign have discount, like this one

Mother: oh, ok…

We move to another section…

Mother: does this one have the discount? (again, one without a sign)

Me: No, it does not, only the ones with the red sign…

Mother: Oh… Ok…

This process repeats a third and a fourth time, excact same words, then on the fifth…

Me: (having a rough time hiding my frustration) No ma’am, only the shoes with the red sign have the discount…

Mother: I see… (suddenly points at yet another shoe without a discount sign), how about this one? This one has to have a discount! Right?

Me: No ma’am… Only the ones with the RED sign have them…

Mother: oh… Ok…

By then I had thankfully finished taking her daughter’s order and proceeded to go to the backstore to let out all my internal screaming in peace… I would have gotten angrier at the mother’s cluelessness if her daughter hadn’t thankfully purchased all 6 pairs she ordered!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!