Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #221338

, , , | Unfiltered | January 3, 2021

(A caller has been transferred to me by one of our newer reps who was not able to assist her. Before transferring her, the rep told me that the caller was having trouble logging in on our website, and that when she tries to log in, nothing happens: no error message, no “loading icon”, just nothing. The rep has also already handled the customer’s order; we just need to help her get her login fixed for the future.)

Me: Hello, (caller), I understand from (rep) that you are having difficulty logging in on the website.

Caller: No, I can’t log in.

Me: I apologize for the difficulty, (rep) said that nothing happens at all when you try to log in, is that correct, or do you see an error message.

Caller: I can’t log in.

Me: Do you see an error message.

Caller: Yes.

Me: What does the error message say?

Caller: I get an error when I try to log in.

Me: Does it say “Your username and password do not match”?

Caller: I don’t know.

Me: Do you still have the login page up?

Caller: It says my username and password don’t match.

Me: I show that your username is (username), is that the the username that you are entering on the login page?

Caller: It says my username and password don’t match.

Me: I apologize, is (username) the username that you are entering on the login page? (Note: Her username and email address are the same, which crops up again later.)

Caller: Yes, and I tried to reset the password but it didn’t work.

Me: When you tried to reset the password, did it not recognize your email address, or did you not receive the password reset email message? (If she got the message that she did not recognize her email, she may have mistyped it. If she didn’t, but didn’t receive the email, it may have been blocked by her email settings.)

Caller: I don’t know.

Me: Did you click the “Forgot username or password” link after you weren’t able to log in?

Caller: Yes.

Me: I show that the email address we have for you is <email>. Is that the email address you typed in on the password reset page?

Caller: Yes.

Me: Did it not recognize the email address after you typed it in?

Caller: No, I got a message that the username and password don’t match.

Me: After you got that message, did you click the “Forgot username or password” link?

Caller: Yes.

Me: Did you type (email) into the password reset page and click the submit button?

Caller: Yes.

Me: Did you get a message saying it would send you an email to reset your password, or a message that it did not recognize the email?

Caller: I don’t know.

Me: (I start to offer to request the password reset email for her, since I have the page up on my computer now, even though that will only help if she mistyped the email, not if her email filters are blocking the message): Would you like me…

Caller: (interrupts) I just want the website to log me in automatically. I don’t want to have to log in every time.

Me: Once we have your password reset, you can click the checkbox to automatically log you in. Would you like me to request…

Caller: (interrupts again) Never mind, I am just going to enter my email address in this password reset request page and reset my password.

(Note: And this is the short version, edited for length.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!