Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #221265

, , | Unfiltered | December 30, 2020

*phone rings*
Me: Thank you for calling (store), this is (name). How may I help you?
Customer: What did you say your name was?
Me: (Name).
Customer: That was my grandmother’s name.
Me: Cool. How may I help you tonight?
Customer: Where is your corporate office?
Me: (City name).
Customer: Thank you. What is the Baptismal meaning of your name?
Me: I’m not sure I understand your question.
Customer: What is the meaning of the name you were given when you were baptised?
Me: My name has always been this. I wasn’t given a different name when I was baptised.
Customer: Good. As long as you’re Christian.
Me: Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?
Customer: No. Thank you.
Me: Have a great night.

That was one of the strangest phone calls I have taken in a long time. I looked it up later, and she probably meant just the meaning of my given name. It was still a really weird interaction. I didn’t like the “As long as you’re Christian” bit, but where I’m living, it’s not uncommon to have to deal with. I didn’t tell her that I’m not.

After the call, I talked to my manager about it in case she called again later when I wasn’t there. They agreed that it was a weird call.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!