Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #221257

, | Unfiltered | December 30, 2020

Patron: I would like transfer all of my money please to my new bank; a bank that actually treats its clientele with dignity and respect.

Me: I’m sorry to hear you are unhappy with our services. If you could please-

She interrupts me with a rant about how unfair we have been with her, and how she has never been so disrespected and publicly humiliated. I apologise several times and try to steer the conversation back to the transfer. After nearly fifteen minutes of her wailing on me…

Patron: Well, what are you waiting for? Transfer my money and close your shameful excuse for an account!

Another rant follows.

Patron: I’ve been here for nearly half an hour. How long is this meant to take!

Me: I haven’t been able to start. I need your name and the details of your new bank and account.

Patron: Why on earth do you need that!

Me: How else am I meant to know which account you’re referring to, and where to send your money?

She grunts, looks around for a second, and leaves. To my knowledge she has never been back, and even if she went through HQ to close her account, we would have received the instruction from them, as our policies mean only the branch can close the account. It’s been over five months and the only instruction we have received from HQ is to close a child account.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!