Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #219123

, , , | Unfiltered | December 25, 2020

Ours is a small store and we sell some vintage furniture as well as modern stuff.

Customer: You sold me a chair and there is a stain on the seat. I tried to get it out but it won’t come out. What can you do to fix it?
Coworker: Oh my! this was a chair you purchased here? When did you purchase it?
Customer: last year or something.
Coworker: Oh. Is the stain new?
Customer: I guess, but it won’t come out and it needs to be fixed.
Coworker: Can you tell me what chair it was? Was it vintage or was it by one of our modern designers?
Customer (becoming suddenly aggressive): I don’t know. I bought it here.
Me: Here, let me look you up in our database. Most furniture purchases are linked to a customer account for situations like this. Ah.. so.. Is ee you purchased this chair in 2013? Four years ago?
Customer: I guess.
Me: Well, unfortunately, since the stain was created after your purchase and you purchased it four years ago, there isn’t much we can do. Have you tried a professional upholstery cleaning service?
Customer: No, you need to fix this chair. I can’t fix it. Tell the designer to fix it.
Me: Sir, the designer will not repair your chair. I know for a fact that this designer will not, and they also do not offer the fabric for sale individually. Your options are to either have it reupholstered yourself, have a professional cleaning company try their hand at it, or purchase a new chair, which we can do right here.
Customer: You won’t fix it then? Even though I bought it here?
Me: I’m sorry sir but those three options are all that’s available to you.
Customer: this is TERRIBLE customer service. You should fix it, it’s your product!
Me: With all due respect, sir, it became YOURS four years ago. We don’t even carry that item anymore.
Customer: I’M NEVER COMING BACK HERE. I’M LEAVING A TERRIBLE REVIEW! I’M EMAILING YOUR MANAGER ABOUT YOUR TERRIBLE SERVICE.

I ended up emailing the owner to apprise him of the angry gentleman who wanted us to magically fix his damaged four-year-old chair who may or may not be contacting him with a complaint about our customer service.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!