Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #219099

, | Unfiltered | December 23, 2020

A customer approaches our register, waving a letter.

Customer: Why did you send me this?

Me: I don’t know. What does it say?

Customer: Why did you send me this?

Me: I dont know. Sir, what does the letter say?

Customer: That doesn’t matter. Why did you send me this?

Me: Sir, without knowing what the letter says, I cannot say why we sent it. Is it our standard letter to let you know that your order has arrived? Is it a reminder that we still have a book on hold for you to pick up?

Customer: Yes.

Me: *oookay* Well, Sir. In that case we sent it to let you that we have your order on hold and you can come and pick it up.

Customer: But I have already picked up this order.

Me: Sir… what is the date on your letter?

Customer: [date]

Me: And according to our database you picked you book up a day after [date]. We couldn’t have known that you would pick it up the following day when we mailed you that letter.

Customer: But when I received it I had already picked up my order.

Me: Yes. We mailed it on [date], you were here a day later, the letter wouldn’t have reached you then. They usually take two to three day.

Customer: But you shouldn’t have sent it. I came and picked my book up.

Me: But we couldn’t have known that when we mailed you that letter. We can also send you a text message or an email instead of a letter. In that case you’d instantly know that your book has arrived and you can pick it up.

Customer: But you shouldn’t have sent me a letter. I picked up my order. I didn’t need a letter!

(Customer then walks off, mumbling that he didn’t need a letter because he already had his book.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!