Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #219093

, , | Unfiltered | December 23, 2020

(I work at a popular game store. The phone rings, and I pick it up. The caller sounds about 11-12.)

Me: Hi, you’re calling [Store] at [Location], this is [My name], how can I help you?

Caller: Um… hi, um… I was wondering if… you had any copies of, um, [Game]? If so, could you… uh, put it on hold? Please?

Me: Yup, let me check… alright, it appears we have one copy left! Can you give me a name for the hold?

Caller: Um… yeah… [Name]?

Me: Alright, is that it?

Caller: …yeah. Bye!

Me: Bye!

(I continue with my work, until, barely two minutes later, the phone rings again.)

Me: Hi, you’re calling [Store] at [Location], this is [My name], how can I help you?

Caller: Um, hi again, I’m really really sorry, but, um, I just called and asked if you could put [Game] on hold? And… I was wondering if that would be on hold until tomorrow? Sorry!

Me: No problem at all. All orders on hold stay on hold for twenty-four hours.

Caller: Oh, okay. Bye!

Me: Buh-bye.

(The next day, a woman who looks to be in her mid-forties comes in)

Woman: Hi, my daughter put an order on hold yesterday? A copy of [Game] under [Name]? (She pulls out her phone) That’s her right now! Heh. (She reads the text as I get the game)

Me: Got it. That’ll be [Amount], cash or card?

Woman: Card. (Hands over card) Hey, this is gonna sound weird, but could I take a picture of you with the game? My daughter doesn’t believe that I remembered.

Me: Uh, okay. (Completes purchase, then poses for picture.)

Woman: Okay, thank you so much for all your help.

Me: No problem, ma’am.

(Definitely one of the nicer experiences I’ve had working in retail.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!