Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #219039

, , | Unfiltered | December 20, 2020

Several years ago I was with a friend in a well-known chain of computer stores in England where the staff ironically know very little about computers, even then most computers came with at least a gig or two of RAM on budget models, and more on better PC’s.

Whilst looking at the software I heard the following from a customer enquiring about an internet security product I tested for several years.

Customer: I really want to buy [brand] internet security, and it’s on sale too.
Sales staff: it’s rubbish, it takes so much RAM to run and eats up your system resources, this [more expensive product] is better.

This goes on for several minutes and the sales staff then says: “no-one even buys it anymore”.

I interjected at this point.

Me: actually, having tested the product for several years I can confirm it can run in the background on a mere 6mb of RAM, additionally it’s the most purchased premium internet security product in the world. Whilst opinions vary on individual preference it’s a competent product and is perfectly fine for any normal computer user.

Sales staff: I work here because I know about computers.
Me: no, you work here because you messed up your high-school exams.

The sales staff then throws the product at the customer and tries to push past me, (which didn’t work as I was much bigger than them), and storms off to the back as they curse at us.

Friend: what’s his problem, did you steal a girlfriend from him or something?
Customer: if he’s even had one I bet she left of her own accord.

When the woman complained to the management he took the side of the sales staff and banned us both from the store, despite CCTV evidence to the contrary.

The customer thanked me for helping her out and stopping them from selling her a product she didn’t want and I even offered to install the software for her remotely which only takes a few minutes.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!