Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #218425

, | Unfiltered | December 11, 2020

Customer: “Why did I receive an email telling me that my order has been shipped?”

Me: “Because we always send out order updates by email.”

Customer: “No, I meant why did you ship it?”

Me: “You placed an order through our website and paid for it, so we sent it to you?”

Customer: “Then there has been a mistake. I never paid for it, and do not want it.”

Me: “You paid for it by credit card when you placed the order.”

Customer: “No I didn’t.”

Me: “Yes you did. We received a payment from you, for £xx.xx, on *date and time* when you placed the order, with the credit card ending in xxxx. If your payment didn’t go through, it would show as declined, and we would not have those details on our system.”

Customer: “Then your company has stolen my money! I didn’t agree to pay for this.”

Me: “Sir, you are a brand new customer who only registered on our website 3 days ago. The only way we could possibly have your credit card details is if you went to our website, placed an order, filled out your shipping and billing addresses, clicked confirm order then entered your credit card details on the payment screen and hit the pay now button.”

Customer: “I don’t want this order. Stop it from being sent to me and give me a refund.”

Me: “We shipped it yesterday so it will probably be with you tomorrow. It will be too big to go through the letterbox, so when they try to deliver it, just refuse the package and ask them to return it to sender. As soon as we have it back, we will get it refunded for you.”

Customer: “So even though I have told you not to send it to me, I am still going to get it?”

Me: “It was collected and left our building yesterday. We can’t undo that now.”

The customer continued to grumble about our poor service, for a while, and the effort it would take to return to sender. All because he didn’t seem to realise that entering your card details on a website would mean that he was paying for stuff.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!