Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #216018

, | Unfiltered | November 20, 2020

A couple of years ago, my mom and I went to a shop to get me some boots, as I had completely worn out my last pair. We went to a shop that had a lot of Hunter boots, as those have good quality. I was definitely in the wrong, and would not have done this now, but at the time I didn’t have a lot of money, and grabbed an opportunity.

I fount the boots I wanted, in my size, and went up to the cashier to pay for them. She had an old system, so she would have to punch in what I wanted, and the price into one machine, and since I was paying by card she had to manually enter that price into the card machine. She told me the price, 1499 kroner (or as many calls it, crowns).

I then said I’d pay by card, and she punched the price into the card machine and gave it to me to enter my card and my pin code. She told my to go ahead. I looked at the price, and it said 499 kroner instead of 1499. I didn’t say anything (I know, evil of me), and quickly put my pin in, waited anxiously for my receipt and my bag, and basically ran out of the store. My mom followed after and asked me why i was in such a rush. I told her: “I didn’t even pay half of the price! I had to get out of there before she realized it!”

We went home. I realize now that I basically stole from the shop, even though the cashier punched in the wrong price, but to this day, I don’t know if I feel bad. Yes, I stole, and my god I didn’t really afford it back then, so that’s why I didn’t say anything. I actually went back, when I had gotten my paycheck to pay the rest, but they had closed down that location, and there were no other stores in my area.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!