Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #212893

, , , | Unfiltered | October 24, 2020

I’m going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and checked. I like this dentist office as all the staff are nice and will work with you if you have any problems. The dental hygienist who usually works on my teeth is a really sweet, competent, and caring woman but she’s not there today.

My mother has told me how she’s had this really wacky and spacy dental hygienist who’s really talky. I don’t think much of it as I’ve never seen or had her work on my teeth.

A bit of info on me at the time is that I’m in my early 20’s, in college, have a job, and at 18 had my wisdom teeth removed. (This will be slightly important.)

I’m in the waiting room and a dental hygienist I’ve never had call me back.

DH: “Hi I’m [Name]! Let’s get you over here! You need to have your teeth and jaw X-rayed so we can see how far in your wisdom teeth are!”

Me: “I don’t have-”

DH: “What high school do you go to? I just loved that time of my life!”

Me: “I’m actually in coll-”

As she interrupts me again I realize who she is. I’m now starting to dread how this appointment will go.

DH: “Alright let’s get you over to the X-ray machine! I’ll have to have you wear this lead apron and thyroid protector. Don’t want you to get cancer now. So tell me what you like in high school!”

Me: “I’m not in high-”

DH: “Okay dear let’s walk over to the machine.”

Me: “But I-”

DH: ” I need to go get the X-ray tabs!”

I’m extremely fed up at being interrupted multiple at this point and it’s one of my pet peeves. I also know she hasn’t even checked to see why I’m here or any of my dental history.

Me: “I’m 20, I’m in college, and I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 18. I don’t need to have any X-ray’s to check for wisdom teeth. I just came in to have my teeth cleaned and checked.”

She looks surprised and walks over to her computer and looks through my chart.

DH: “Oh dear you just looked so young I thought that you were in high school! I just assumed that you still had your wisdom teeth. I bet you get that all the time! My daughter is almost the same she looks about three years younger than she is! You’ll be glad of it when you’re my age and you’ll look ten years younger than you are!”

I get in the chair and she starts cleaning my teeth and keeps. On. TALKING. (I like talking too, but…just….wow…)
By the end of the appointment I’m looking for a dental drill to stab into my ears or brain.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!