Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #210555

, | Unfiltered | October 9, 2020

I was temping for a cosmetics company doing customer service. After a couple days of training and emails, it was time to get everyone on the phones. This was the first call I took:
Me: Good morning, [Company], how can I help you?
Customer: [sounding tired] Yeah I was just wondering why I couldn’t get through to you guys before cuz it like really hurt me that I couldn’t reach you.
Me: I’m sorry to hear that! If you called after hours, unfortunately we’re not able to help via phone at that point, but I’d be happy to help with whatever you need now that you’ve gotten through!
Customer: I mean, [much larger company] has 24/7 support and like I just don’t get why you don’t.
Me: Well unfortunately we’re a smaller company and our staff and resources don’t allow us to provide 24/7 support at this time, but I can definitely help you now!
Customer: I just… Sometimes it’s like midnight and you’re having a party or something and you want to know about the makeup and stuff and when you guys aren’t available it really hurts me.
Me: I do apologize for any inconvenience. Now that you are on the line with us, though, I can take care of whatever questions you have.
Customer: *sighs* 9-5 just isn’t that long of a time to be open, you know? Like [much bigger company] is always there and I was so hurt that you guys weren’t.
Me: I really am so sorry about that. Is there anything I can help you with now?
Customer: It’s ok… [hangs up]
(It’s possible she may have been hungover/drunk based on her speech patterns. Regardless, it was definitely a memorable first call!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!