Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

21 Reasons To Stay In The Service Industry

, , , , , | Right | March 3, 2020

(I am working on my 21st birthday and it is fairly slow at the restaurant. We have a reservation of five people and I take their table. They are very talkative, friendly, super awesome people. They mention that it is one of their birthdays and they are going to see a show afterward. I say that it is my birthday, as well — my 21st. They are so happy for me and ask me what I have planned after work. They joke around saying that their 21st birthdays were back in the early 1900s! I have some other tables, so I leave their almost $200 check and go to do my other work. I see that they are leaving so I walk over to the door to tell them goodbye and to enjoy the show they are seeing. The older woman that pays the bill leans over to me.)

Customer: “We left you a little birthday present. Enjoy your 21st; you only get one!”

Me: “Thank you so much! You should not have done that!”

(I walked over to the table and see that they had left a “Happy Birthday” note with $21 ON TOP of the 20% tip they left me for the bill. Not all customers are a**wipes!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!