Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #209822

, , | Unfiltered | October 1, 2020

(I work in a very small (two employees, not including the owner) pizzeria. It is well known to the community that I am a transgender male, not on hormones, and that the owner, my boss, is gay. We’re a very accepting community. We get tourists come around to our historical town every now and again, so this happens. I am currently mopping up a small spill near the soda station. A woman I’ve never seen before walks in and goes up to the counter.)

Me: “Hi there! Sorry, I’ll be with you in just a moment. Let me put the mop away.”

Woman: (sneers) “Alright. Hurry up.”

Me: “…okay…” (I quickly finish up and just put the mop in the back room without emptying it and hurry up to the counter.) “Sorry for the wait! Had a small spill. What can I get for you?”

Woman: “Couldn’t they get one of the boys to do that?”

Me: (cringes, but it happens a lot so I let it slide) “Unfortunately, I’m the only employee here right now.”

Woman: “Ugh, okay, whatever, have to make me wait… I want a (thing we don’t have on our menu).”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, we don’t have anything like that on our menu.. the closest we could come is (menu item) which is-”

Woman: “I don’t care!! I am the customer!! And I KNOW you have it, girlie!”

Me: “I’m not a girl, and you don’t have to insult me. You can look on our menu to see-”

Woman: (cutting me off again) “I WANT [ITEM]!!!! YOU’RE JUST A STUPID GIRL WHO DOESN’T KNOW ANYTHING!! I’M THE OWNER’S WIFE SO I KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT, UNLIKE YOU!!”

Me: “Oh? His wife? Really?” (I am trembling at this point, but I know I can do something about it. My boss is already on his way to the front of the store due to this woman’s yelling.) “Hey, [boss], since when were you straight?”

Boss: “I don’t know, [my very distinctly male first name], since when did you become a girl?”

(The woman’s face falls. She looks very embarrassed. She tries to apologize to my boss, to no avail, because he does not tolerate anyone so much as getting a rude tone to his employees. Never saw her again.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!