Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #209640

, | Unfiltered | September 23, 2020

(I’ll admit, sometimes we do sell stuff that was left over from the day before. However, that only applies to certain products – for example, products containing eggs and such will never be offered a second day – and this will only happen if they are in absolutely perfect condition. If a customer places a pre-order for a certain day, these products will always come out of that day’s shipment, no exceptions. This is company policy. Still some customers don’t believe that… It’s around 11am when this happens.)

Customer: “Hi, I have a question. I’ll be going on holiday tomorrow and want to pick up some cake before I leave. Will you have [bread], [cake 1] and [cake 2] tomorrow, too?”

Me: “I suppose, but the safest way will be if you place a pre-order with us. I can do that right now and this way everything will be ready at your desired time.”

Customer: “Yes, but I want it fresh!”

Me: “Yes, it will be fresh from tomorrow’s shipment. The only difference is that you can pay for it right now and everything will be ready tomorrow, so you just have to hop in and pick it up.”

Customer: “Hmm. Well, I’ll probably be here at around 9am and you still have what I want, that’s going to be similar tomorrow, right?”

Me: “Probably, but I cannot tell you for sure if we will even order these cakes for tomorrow. We like to vary our selection from day to day. If you want these cakes, a pre-order would be the safest way. Other than that I cannot promise you we will have what you’d like tomorrow.”

Customer: “But I want it fresh!”

Me: “Yes. It will be fresh. We will get a fresh shipment tomorrow from which your cake will be put away for you. The only difference is that this way we will definitely order that cake and everything will be ready when you come in.”

Customer: “Hmm. I just don’t want to be given today’s cake tomorrow!”

Me: “This will not happen, I can promise.” (I really could, because a) company policy and b) the cakes she wanted wouldn’t be sold a second day anyway.)

Customer: “Yes, because I want it fresh!”

(I eventually convinced her that no, she won’t get old cake, and she placed the order. I’m a little glad I’m not going to be there when she picks it up, because I guess she’ll give my coworkers another hard time…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!